CBD as a Post Workout
Non-psychoactive cannabis constituent CBD may aid workout recovery through multiple effects, but targeted research is needed.
CBD is one of the main therapeutic compounds found in cannabis. It may hav several post-workout benefits, including:
- Reducing inflammation. CBD can promote recovery and healing by reducing
- Reducing pain. CBD helps alleviate pain, a common by-product of intense
- Improving sleep. CBD may be able to improve sleep, indirectly aiding workout recovery.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the main therapeutic compounds found in cannabis, also known as marijuana. What makes CBD unique, however, is that unlike THC – the main cannabinoid in cannabis – it achieves its medicinal effects without intoxication. CBD has been demonstrated to reduce:
- Muscle convulsions
- Anxiety, depression & stress
Given these effects, it’s not surprising that many fitness enthusiasts and athletes arebeginning to use CBD as a workout recovery tool. Indeed, CBD is growing particularly popular with people who undergo strenous training, such as MMA fighters, forwhom it can offer a reduction of post-workout pain and soreness, faster healing of injuries, and better sleep. Having said that, the main issue with CBD is that there are currently no studies that examine its use in the context of workout recovery.How CBD Might Help Post Workout Formulas
Cannabidiol works through multiple mechanisms, including:
Interacting with nervous system receptors
The most important effects of CBD – reduction of pain, inflammation, stress &
anxiety – appear to be mediated by its interaction with three key nervous system
- Activation of the TRPV1 (vanilloid) receptor which controls inflammation and
- sensitivity to pain
- Blockade of the GPR55 receptor (considered by many scientists to be the third
- cannabinoid receptor), which controls nociception – the response of the nervous
- system to potentially harmful stimuli that manifests as pain
- Activation of the serotonin 5-HT 1A receptor, which plays a role in regulating stress, mood, and anxiety
Increasing levels of anandamide and adenosine
CBD has been shown to increase the levels of anandamide – a neurotransmitter and the main cannabinoid that is produced by the human body – which can reduce pain and inflammation through increased activation of endocannabinoid receptors. In addition, CBD also increases levels of adenosine – another neurotransmitter that appears to reduce inflammation
CBD’s Potential Post Workout Uses
CBD holds multiple potential benefits for post-workout recuperation, including:
- Improved recovery, especially in cases of injury
- Reduction of pain – a common occurrence after hard training
- Reduction of muscle spasms
- Improved sleep
- Stimulation of appetite, which can indirectly aid recovery
Since it can improve recovery through so many different ways, CBD holds much promise as a post-workout supplement. However, while CBD’s individual effects such as alleviation of pain – are being consistently demonstrated by scientific research, there are currently no studies looking particularly at the use of CBD as a post-workout supplement.
There are currently no studies on the use of CBD as a post-workout supplement.
However, there are numerous studies that demonstrate its many beneficial effects in
- Anti-inflammatory activity, as demonstrated by improvement of inflammatory
- conditions including arthritis, colitis, IBD, and neuroinflammation
- Analgesic (pain-alleviating) activity
- Anticonvulsive effects, which includes muscle spasms
- Improvement of sleep, as shown by increased sleep time and reduced sleep disruption
Human trials of CBD have only recently begun, but seem to confirm many of the findings of animal studies, such as:
- Improvement of sleep and reduction of anxiety
- Improvement of muscle convulsions
- Reduction of different types of chronic pain
- Post-Workout Dosage
- There is no standard post-workout CBD dose because of the lack of clinical research
- CBD supplements usually provide 20 – 25 mg doses of CBD, taken as as hemp oil or extract capsules
https://supplementsinreview.com/post-workout/cbd- as-a- post-workout/
Would you like to know more about the world of medical cannabis and CBD? Do not hesitate to contact us.
Write an e-mail at email@example.com or leave a message to social media channels, Facebook @ hempoilshop.gr or Instagram!
www.hempoilshop.gr 211 4010715